Thursday 2 September 2010

Sep 1: Flights

Yes, I know I'm posting this on September the 2nd, but I didn't really have time last night, what with getting into Pittsburgh at midnight (my body time: 7pm local time).

Anyway, welcome to the blog! This is the first real post, as the test one didn't count. The video was done at JFK, and I should hopefully do one tomorrow, as I'm going away with Auntie Hilary & Co. (my aunt who I;m staying with), and I won't be able to do one till we get back.

The video embedding doesn't seem to be working properly at the moment, so I'll just link to it:

Video Diary Sep. 1st

And yes, I did get through the rest of the flights safely, as evidenced by this post. Apologies for me acting tired: I was. was weird last night as we had dinner at 2am (GMT), to try and force me to adapt. Breakfast felt like lunch this morning, and I woke up at 4:30am: 9:30 GMT, the time I will wake up at automatically if left to sleep in.

It's also swelteringly hot! As in, 30+ Celsius! The fans are on the whole time, and I'm drinking about a litre every 30min.

Anyway, I will try to post again tomorrow.


Edward

3 comments:

  1. Read it, and watched it. You look pretty sleepy on the video!
    How was the raspberry croissant? Never had one like that before.
    Rich :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya dood, this is Dad, Eloise and Jonathan. We've just read your blog and watched the video.

    Jonathan: Hope you get used to the differen time zones soon. I got a new MP3 player today! have you had a peanut butter an jelly sandwich yet?

    Eloise: My pot has been taken off. Hope you have a good time. Enjoy having tacky peanut butter.

    Dad: Congratulations on becomming an international traveller. You looked sleepy and sounded slurry but you're brave doing a video blog. J, El & I liked the nose rubbing! - Presumably you are preparing yourself for a cultural exchange with some native american peoples? I hope the British Kid has a good time in the You Ess of a. I'd love to be with you. Weather in Stockport is unusually nice. Give Aunty H and family a hug from me. God Bless, your ever loving and devoted father.
    P.S. Mum and I are praying for you taking Kevin's warning seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, family!

    Sorry I didn't reply earlier: we were away. Watch/read the next post to find out!

    @Rich: The croissant was nice, though probably not French.

    @Jonathan: Time zones are good now, thanks. How's the MP3?

    @Eloise: Sorry for no double-dot i :-( Is it nice having no cast? Or weird? The peanut butter's ok, but not as nice as Whole Earth! They also have blueberry flavour English Muffins?! Definitely not English!

    @Popsy: Thanks for being ever loving and devoted! Say hi to Mum for me! Sorry I haven't rung: will hopefully do so soon.


    Lots of love,


    Edward

    ReplyDelete